A tricky free 50 general
1) What in the medical
world was first classified into the A.O.B.
system in 1902?
2) Which peak overlooks the city of Cape
3) Who was first to be voted out of the
original British Big Brother house?
4) Which TV secret agent’s real name was
5) What nickname was given to the day when
over £100 billion was wiped off the value of
shares in the city of London?
6) In which British town did Michael Ryan
run riot killing 14 people?
7) Which is the first animal listed in the
Oxford English Dictionary?
8) What nationality is Jean Marc Bosman,
famous for his ‘Bosman Ruling’ affecting
football throughout Europe?
9) Which actor, who played Dr, Who collapsed
and died at a Dr, Who convention?
10) In which country was England cricket
captain Nasser Hussain born?
2) Table Mountain.
4) Captain Scarlett
5) Black Monday
9) Patrick Troughton (Pronounced Trout-On)
1) Which cartoonist
created Andy Capp?
2) How many words were spoken in the Mel
Brooks film Silent Movie?
3) What organs does Silicosis affect?
4) What nationality was the famous murderer
5) Who was the second wife of Henry VIII?
6) What is the U.S. equivalent of the
British music hall entertainment called?
7) Which is the highest mountain in England?
8) Which denomination bank note did the Bank
of England introduce in 1752 and withdraw in
9) Which singer had a Number 1 hit in 1960
with Three Steps to Heaven?
10) What does the acronym SCUBA stand for?
1) Reg Smythe.
3) The Lungs.
5) Anne Boleyn.
7) Scafell Pike. (Pronounced Scar-Fell)
9) Eddie Cochran.
10) Self Contained Underwater Breathing
1) Who was the first
professional footballer to be knighted?
2) What word is used in international radio
communications to denote the letter ‘L’?
3) Spell this out ! CHRLCHN is either a
famous TV, or film detective with all the
vowels missing; name him
4) Which rock star has the nickname ‘Slowhand’?
5) In which county would you find the Blue
6) Which Spanish football team play at the
Nou Camp stadium?
7) By what name was the Scottish outlaw
Robert McGregor better known?
8) Which of the following is the smallest
paper size; A3, A4, or A5?
9) Who presents ITV’s arts show The South
10) Which Chelsea manager was sacked on 12
1) Stanley Matthews
3) Charlie Chan
4) Eric Clapton.
7) Rob Roy
9) Melvyn Bragg
10) Gianluca Vialli
1) Which British driver
won the British Grand Prix in 1999?
2) Which scheme allows a person’s legal
costs to be paid by public funds?
3) In children’s books written by the
Duchess of York who or what is Budgie?
4) Which cricket ground is the headquarters
of the MCC?
5) In which British county is Bishop
6) What were Andy Pandy’s two friends
7) Which Hemisphere of the planet contains
the most countries is it the Northern
Hemisphere or the Southern Hemisphere?
8) Which Shakespeare play was the
inspiration for the hit musical West Side
9) In the New Testament who was beheaded by
Herod at the request of Salome?
10) Which Swedish car manufacturer once
admitted price fixing in Britain?
1) David Coulthard.
2) Legal Aid.
6) Looby Lou & Teddy
7) Northern Hemisphere.
8) Romeo and Juliet.
9) John the Baptist.
1) What are the flat
treeless plains of Argentina called?
2) In the nursery rhyme how many blackbirds
were baked in a pie?
3) Which 1980s band comprised of George
Michael and Andrew Ridgley backed by Pepsi
4) How many hearts does an earthworm have;
is it 100,10, or none?
5) Who was Vice President when Ronald Reagan
6) In which decade did Lester Piggott first
win the Derby?
7) Whose first Top Ten hit record was
8) Which English city has an annual Goose
9) Where would you hurt if you were kicked
on the Tarsus?
10) What is Dorian’s surname in the TV
comedy Birds of a Feather?
5) George Bush.
7) Manfred Mann.
9) The Ankle
pub quiz questions or
picture quizzes using our secure website
Prices start from just
£3 for 50
general knowledge quiz questions and
per picture quiz
To purchase quizzes to be sent by
special quizzes such as quiz bingo
etc. or for
pub quiz supplies - answer
papers etc. please click the links or call us on 01785 214529